...for I have a few things I would like to discuss! (Warning: This post is mostly business, with a splash of that Gyllenhaal kid toward the end.)
1. As many of you likely remember, for the past month I've been writing a blog to promote a new website that allows college students the opportunity to rate and review their dorms and campus housing. The site launched on Monday and...along with that launch came the news that the guys behind the site had dumped their entire tech team and social media team (!), yours truly included. So, um, that was weird.
The whys and hows of it all are still a mystery to me, but I wanted to thank everyone here who read that blog, whether it was once or twice or you were one of the few who left me comments there. Your enthusiasm surpassed that of anyone else involved in the project. I'm really lucky to have such supportive friends and readers and I hope you know how much I appreciate you.
(Also this means I'm now wide-open for freelancing opportunities so if you know anyone who needs a writer/blogger, I'M AVAILABLE.)
2. Thankfully, the blogging gig is no longer my sole source of income; I'm starting a part-time job next week. As I seem to always be saying, this shouldn't have any effect whatsoever on this site. (Except maybe that the posts will pretty much always go up in the afternoon instead of the morning.)
3. The forum. Is so dead. I remember to check it, like, once a week, and it's my own damn forum. In the next day or so, I'm going to remove the link from the top of this page. If you would like to still visit there, please bookmark it! I won't delete it just yet, but I am going to try to re-centralize our community back to this blog.
4. In about a month, NerdyShirts.com is going to start selling I Was a Gay Cowboy Before It Was Cool shirts (!!). Which is awesome. But if you want one, you should still buy it from me (they bought a license, which is fantastic, but it's a one-time deal and I get no individual royalties from them).
5. And LASTLY, Jake Gyllenhaal? Is still buying overpriced beverages to-go:
Which is strangely comforting, you know? When all else in the world is changing, we can always count on Jake to stay the same...