I joked about the running, was curious, but aloof, about all the Prince William gushing, but now I've graduated to genuine suspicion because it seems that Jake, for the first time in the history of his life, is going around telling people he likes us fans (!!!!).
Looks like someone's been delving into his copy of I'm Stalking Jake! between talk show interviews...
So anyway, last week I:
1. Ate my first McRib sandwich (not the greatest idea I've ever had, but I felt it needed to be done).
2. Ran the fastest mile of my life.
3. Learned that my former love interest is traipsing down the aisle into the arms of another and uncharacteristically sat through the requisite celebratory Dateline special.
4. Excitedly screencapped the iTunes homepage as the Beatles took 4 of the top 10 album spots.
5. Saw Harry Potter 7 at midnight and YES I DRESSED UP.
6. Ran 14 miles in one go (different run than item #2).
7. Some other stuff.
While I was doing all of that (and some other stuff), Jake was:
1. Earning his living.
2. Being attacked by birds.
I'm guessing that, in comparison, this week will be somewhat of a letdown for both of us.
Love & Other Drugs comes out in TWO DAYS, and that day is the very day that I will be in the car for many hours, driving to a house where I have no internet, in a town that has no movie theater. I will do what I can on both fronts, but I fear that my much-anticipated (by me) movie review will be longer coming than it would have been had this movie not been released the day before freaking Thanksgiving.
I anticipate putting up another post before I leave, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Vanessa for all of the incredible work she's done for us in the forum lately. If there was something going on with Jake, she found it and posted it for us. And if she didn't catch it, Monica did. Honestly, the two of them are probably the only reason any Jake fans even come to this site anymore, so I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to both of them. Thank you!!
And while we're on the subject of things to be thankful for, this link has popped up quite a few places across my internet kingdom, and in case you haven't yet seen it, some dude decided to find every shirtless picture of Jake on the internet and compile them into one long list. I reacted first with skepticism...then grudging admiration...and finally full-on spontaneous clapping in my living room. Hats off to you Matt Stopera.
And hats off to you, dear reader, if you made it through this strange and schizophrenic post. The end.