Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quote of the Week: Perfectionist Edition

"I want to get every move perfect and I refuse to accept anything less than that.”

- Jake "I'm Really Into Flak Jackets" Gyllenhaal

Check out Jake's outrageous attention to detail in this article about Prince of Persia, in which the author thought using a picture of Jake's face from 2004 was the best way to illustrate the shape Jake got into 6 years later for Prince of Persia.

In fact, let's take a look at the results of Jake's flak jacket workout:

Well done, Jake!  Your extreme buffness allowed you to enter the land of arm straps and oversized boots and not look completely ridiculous.  Though I think I speak for all involved when I note that this was also the land where you did all of that ab work only to have your chest show up on film for all of, like, 2 seconds.  What the hell?

I know there was a market for your midsection because OK! Magazine is still drooling over it (literally; actual quote from their article:  "Now excuse us while we wipe the drool from our desks").  They have graced us with some laughably poor-quality shots of your abs from a behind-the-scenes video, but it's all good because you can WATCH THE VIDEO, too, which is a fun time for anyone who enjoys a minute and thirteen seconds of you walking around shirtless while other men talk about how studly you are.

First pictures from IHJ, second pictures from OK! Magazine (who failed Screencapping Class).

33 comments:

gyllenhaalisgr8 September 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM

[server is messed up for posts]
It is really pathetic when we must resort to old movie photos! Jake -- get off of your incredibly fine ass and get some coffee or something! A new hat would be nice, too!

Unknown September 9, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Well excuse me, while I wipe up the large amount of drool from my whole damn computer, desk, & floor!

Geez, that is an unbelievably gorgeous hunk of man. I need to see that movie again ASAP! YOWZA! >;-)

Those peeps at OK! are so funny, thanks for posting this PG, you are my hero of the day!

coffeecat September 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM

is jake wearing a girly headband?

CigarattesAndCoffee September 9, 2010 at 3:11 PM

This is exactly what I needed to cheer me up at the end of the day :) thanks PG.

Becky Heineke September 9, 2010 at 3:25 PM

HAHA, coffeecat! An emphatic YES to answer your question. ;D

Old pics though they may be, it seems necessary to revisit them from time to time... ;) And that video has probably been around for forever, but I hadn't seen it!

gyllenhaalisgr8 September 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I'm no stranger to old Jake (or young Jake!) photos -- he was born gorgeous. I just want to see him NOW NOW NOW (preferably without the wolf wool!), sigh.

Katie,  September 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Vanessa -- LMAO!!! Amen, sister!

gyllenhaalisgr8 September 9, 2010 at 3:48 PM

OT: Bought a birthday cake to celebrate my first ex-husband's birthday today. Celebrating that he is an EX!!!

gyllenhaalisgr8 September 9, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Vanessa...your post reminds me of an old answering machine message of mine: "Either I'm not here or I am lying face down on my keyboard in a puddle of my own drool from looking at my Jake photos..." I may have to re-record that classic. Right now Jake is singing on it!

gyllenhaalisgr8 September 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM

Twitter post: gyllenhaalisgr8 There is so much Jake eye candy in my Gyllenhaal Treasures that you should brush your eyes so they don't rot and fall out of your head!

sumi k September 9, 2010 at 5:14 PM

is anyone as excited as i am that they are advertising the PoP dvd on tv now, so i can see clips of jake (in slow mo.. thanks dvr!) doing all his parkour stuntin'?

penny25,  September 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt completely cheated by the fact that some much hype had been created about Jake being shirtless in PoP only for it to happen in the very first scene for a few seconds.

Vanessa - that is EXACTLY how I felt when I saw those pictures of Jake.
Could he be any more perfect!

Sam September 9, 2010 at 6:01 PM

So i missed what you actually wrote in that post for the shirtless photos..... *DIES*

Anonymous,  September 9, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Toast to Gyllenhaalisgr8 for getting the ex into the ex category! :)

And I'm beginning to think POP could have done much better at the box office had they put more shirtless Jake in it. I mean so much promotion with shirtless Jake images and then you get to the movies and what do you get? Full on armor... I mean what the hell. People just left disheartened...

Becky Heineke September 9, 2010 at 9:01 PM

See, that was the thing! There was so much hype about Jake walking around half-naked through the whole movie and then that totally did not happen. It's not like Disney had any qualms about objectifying him so...hell, why not run with it???! :(

I haven't seen any PoP ads on TV yet. This is yet another reason for a sad face emoticon. :(

KD,  September 9, 2010 at 10:37 PM

I've had an 18 hour, non-stop, working day, so I'm essentially brain dead right now.

Good post. That's all I got for now.

Becky Heineke September 9, 2010 at 11:03 PM

KD, I hope the AP bio test went well!!! You are forgiven a dead brain after such a day. :)

Monica September 9, 2010 at 11:45 PM

The cover is with Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling, but Jake and Anne are also in the magazine:
Boy Meets Girl

Unknown September 10, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Thanks for that heads up, Monica! I was already planning a trip to Barnes & Noble tomorrow, so I can grab a "W" while I'm there! >;-)

gyllenhaalisgr8, that is too funny that you have Jake singing on your answer machine! hah, that would be sweet music to the ears for sure...

sumi, I finally got to see a PoP TV ad tonight, & it zipped by in about 10 seconds & it was OVER! Damn, I guess they don't think we need to see some yummy man meat. SO, I will just have to wait til I get my blu ray next week! Hurry up Tuesday already, will ya? ^_^

KD,  September 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM

PG. It went very well, only missed 3 out of 71, giving me a 96%. I've been up since 6 am this morning and had 8 hrs. of school, 3 hours of work, and have been doing homework for hours atm. I'm seriously about to pass out. I'm so tired I don't even have enough energy to flail over PoP being released soon or the new Ausellio House spoilers. ARGGGG.

Monica - thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check out the magazine. :)

Sam September 10, 2010 at 2:52 AM

Hey Monica, i saw your review of PG's book! Great work! I just cant wait to get my copy!!

Out of interest, how long did it take you to read it?! Once i start i dont want to stop!

Call Me Mo September 10, 2010 at 1:20 PM

A day. I was filling in for the receptionist last Friday and it was really dead, so I got through like 12 of the chapters at work, and then the rest that evening when I got home. I read pretty quickly though. I guess Debate did teach me something after all. ;]

Ethan Lee January 15, 2020 at 4:28 AM

A recent survey report shows that most of the academic writing services which provide Assignment, Essay, Dissertation, Thesis or Study Help to the students are using Paraphrasing tools by which they re-write the same paper again and again, although with the use of these tools you can easily get passing marks, but if you really want to get HD grades in your Clinical Reasoning Cycle Assignment you have to hire an expert like myassignmenthelp.com tutors.

Max Willor January 16, 2020 at 1:51 AM

Very informative and well-written post! Quite an interesting and nice topic chosen for the post. My Assignment Help Au has been a pioneer within the Best Nursing Assignment Help on-line services and within Australia and different countries ceaselessly for over Seven years. Make an order now for professional work, delivered on time and pure.

Assignment Help January 17, 2020 at 12:21 AM

Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself from appreciating this. Thank you for posting this. If you are looking for Assignment Help online services and if you want to boost your marks without putting your efforts. If you have time issues, do contact online assignment writing service provider and receive the best assignments as per your job requirements.

Emily Ella January 18, 2020 at 3:37 AM

Very amazing blog! This blog gives easy tips to the travelers how to visit Most Beautiful Places In The World. This blog is very inspiring and helpful. I love it very much because of easy tips for world tour. Thanks for sharing this great blog.
most beautiful countries to visit
most beautiful country in the world

James Marcus January 18, 2020 at 5:39 AM

Thanks for your valuable post. Please post some more related topics. We are on your page only to read your blog because, as you know, there are no other for being here. Like you, we also here for some information of Outlook, so if any of you need any type of help related Outlook then contact our Outlook support phone number or visit the website.
How do I contact outlook by phone?
How do I contact Outlook support?
Is there a phone number for Outlook support?
Outlook Support Phone number
Microsoft Outlook Support

Max Willor January 20, 2020 at 5:17 AM

Thank you for this information, it is very useful for all. Get the best My Assignment Help Services at the cheapest price. MyassignmenthelpAU provides the best organizational culture Accounting Assignment help. Therefore, to avail of our assignment help offering no plagiarism, Free Turnitin, Partial Payment, Unlimited Revisions, etc. you'll contact our team of highly professional, experienced, Ph.D. experts to avail the discounted services!

Unknown January 20, 2020 at 9:06 AM

Thanks for your valuable post. Please post some more related topics. We are on your page only to read your blog because, as you know, there are no other for being here. Like you, we also here for some information of Printer, so if any of you need any type of help related Printer then contact our Printer Is Offline Window 10 or visit the website.

Printer Is Offline